Sunday, September 18, 2011

Then There Were Six

On our way home from getting Rachel's driving permit, she asked if she could drive to the church. Hannah asked me if I was scared. I told her that I wasn't, so then she asked Rachel if she was scared. Rachel said, "No...I'm not really scared of the driving, it's just if I can stop..."

I looked in the rear view mirror and saw Leah looking at me with wide eyes.

Hannah looked at me and asked "Now are you scared?"

So even though I told Hannah I wasn't scared, I was fooling a little. After all, we've been through this five times before. I know what to expect.  I know that leaning over the console will not keep you from hitting a curb.  Or that the imaginary brake on the passenger side really doesn't work.  I know that it feels like we are going 80 when, in fact, we are only going 50.  We lived through it before, we will again.

We did a lot of praying then, we covet your prayers now.



Giving thanks today for

Rain
Fresh painted toe nails
RIT dye on carpet looking pretty cute
Hubby teaching me fun things about Rahab
Wind chimes on the front porch
Cleaning for special company
Peach cobbler
Verses for comfort
Tubs full of pictures
Firewood from tree blown over.



1 thoughts:

Cindy in PA said...

I'll be praying for you and your daughter. My husband was the brave one when our kids began driving. Thank you for sharing your list, I love wind chimes and peach cobbler too! Blessings.