Sunday, January 15, 2012

Oh Land of Rest

We sang about heaven today.  All the old classic hymns about heaven:  On Jordan's Stormy Banks, Oh They Tell Me of a Home, This World is not My Home, and In the Sweet By and By.  Such sweet songs of longing for our home that is not here.

Singing about that yearning for Peace.  For Rest.  For Better.

Then his guitar took us to the next song:  We'll Work Till Jesus Comes.  It came waking us from that dream of our coming reality.  There is work to do.
Oh land of rest, for thee I sigh!  When will the moment come
When I shall lay my armor by and dwell in peace at home?
I can't lay armor down yet.  I can't rest from fighting the battle because the
battle goes on until I take my last breath.  The battle continues whether I choose to get on my knees and fight ~ or not.  There are days that I am tired, or busy, or just flat lazy.  I can tell when there have been several of those days.

It's not time to lay our armor by.  It's necessary more now than ever before to take up our armor and fight for ourselves, our husbands, our children and all those other ones He has given us to love.

One day soon, though; one day very, very soon we will dwell in peace at Home.

Sigh.

Photobucket

0 thoughts: