Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oh, to be,

to abide, to dwell, to rest, to hide, to breathe, to snuggle, to cover up . . . in the presence of Jesus. Doesn't the thought of that bring tears to your eyes? Just to know that it is even possible? Psalms 91 says "He who dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust. "

This past week has held emotions of extreme joy and soul-wrenching grief: a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance. Sweet. I would find myself trying to put my eye on my Bible - to make sure it was close. One day I was in my own vehicle following Cathy to Midland, and I opened it and laid it on my lap. When I was waiting for the light to turn green or for them to bring out my drink, or while she ran into the cleaners and the bank, I would pick it up and take it in. Take in Jesus. I wasn't suiting up and diving in searching for treasures. I was wading in with my float, climbing on, and with my face towards the Son, I let the Water lap over the sides to calm me. To refresh me. He loves me like that. I love Him a bunch too. Just wanted you to know.

1 thoughts:

Becca said...

Thank you for living a life that shows how much you love Him and for teaching me how to love Him. Even through times of doubt (and there have been many lately), I always pull out my bible and see the notes I have from our studies together and I soak up his love and yours. God Bless you.