Thursday, October 6, 2011

Such A . . . . Time

I don't like to use the word "busy" because everyone is busy.  It really doesn't mean anything any more, except maybe "normal".  We all think we are the only ones, and when someone tells me they are busy, I think they probably don't really know what busy is.  Bad me.

What I do know is that with my incredibly - - - - calendar right now, I just find myself wanting to be in the Word more.  It would be so easy to skip that in the mornings, then skip it again in between helping with algebra, chemistry, or language.

Instead, I crave it more.

I need it more.


A week from tomorrow I will be flying to El Paso to share my heart with a sweet group of ladies.  I appreciate your prayers.  You can pray then, but I would appreciate if you would go ahead and start as I'm preparing for that and then for our retreat for over 70 of our precious ladies the following weekend.

Pray that I hear clearly from the Lord the message He has for us,

   . . . that I have safe travel on the plane,

   . . . that I can find a Sonic and a way to get to the Sonic,

   . . . that I can teach okay in my house shoes on Saturday night.  I'm weird about
         needing to keep real shoes on in order to function.  The last session is in pj's.
       
 Oh dear.

But mainly pray that my craving for the Word keeps getting stronger.  I need to be completely swallowed up in order to be what I'm supposed to be.

For me and for them.

5 thoughts:

royal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grace & Bryan Willnerd said...

You took a picture of me in high school and overlaid "for such a time as this" on it...still have it hangin up to remind me that God always has me in the right place at the right time. Just like he does for you! You're in my prayers BEFORE you start teaching :) grace

Carol said...

I remember that picture well, thank you for that sweet reminder. You are beautiful, Grace. Thank you for the prayers. I would love to see you!

royal said...

Hi,
I am really appreciate the information which you discussed here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
GPS Navigation Device

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your post and I admire the information which you offered here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Webcam Chat Script