Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sick Day

I didn't go to church today because I had a stomach bug.  The last time I laid on the couch all day was . . . well, I don't remember.  I hate missing that time of washing on Sunday mornings.  The past four weeks have been so powerful.

I started thinking of how blessed we are that we get to go hear teaching from the Word and hug people we love.  It is a blessing we take for granted far too often.

Just today on the news I heard of an American pastor sentenced to 8 years in prison in Iran.

This morning there were men and women who chose to not be a part of a body of believers because they "don't like him" or "she was rude to me", or "they are all just hypocrites".

Today I know that the rude, unlikeable hypocrites might have been the ones who received a blessing and the "victims" were robbed.

I also know that this sometimes rude, unlikeable hypocrite does not want to miss again.


Photobucket

Please pray for the pastor and his family, and others who are imprisoned and tortured because of their love for Jesus.

0 thoughts: