Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Boys




I came across this picture this morning and felt so emotional as I began to pray for them.

Lord, guide them.  May they be blessed because they do not walk in the counsel of the wicked, or stand in the way of sinners, or sit in the seat of the scoffers; but their delight is in Your law and on Your law they meditate day and night.  May they be like trees planted by streams of water that yield fruit in season and the leaves do not wither and that all they do they will prosper. (Psalm 1)


May they be loving; be joyful, peaceful men;  patient, kind, good husbands. Make their soul and actions abound with faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control, for against such things there is no law. By Christ Jesus crucify their flesh with its passions and desires. Let them not grow weary in doing good, for in due season they will reap if they do not give up. And may they never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to him, and he to the world (Galatians 5 & 6).

Oh, sweet, sweet Jesus, hear my prayer.  Incline Your ear to me.


Photobucket

1 thoughts:

asnipofgoodness said...

My prayer for my boys as well! I think some times if we could see the big picture, and all the Lord will do, our hearts would be filled with to much pride and we would not see the almighty hand of God as clearly.