Wednesday, September 29, 2010

He is Worthy of our Gaze

Psalm 123:1-2

"To You I lift up my eyes, O You Who are enthroned in the heavens!
Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress, so
our eyes look to the Lord our God, till He has mercy upon us."

So beautiful. Can you see the maidservant standing in the corner waiting, watching for the mistress to look her way or ask for her assistance? She keeps her eyes fixed on her so she won't miss a gesture, a nod of the head, a whisper.

Can you see her sitting at the feet of her mistress? Can you see the servant looking to the hand of his Master?

The Master's hand provides, protects, guides, and rewards. We just have to keep our eyes fixed on Him. We tell Him what we feel and how we hurt. We ask Him what to do and how to serve. I read something from Charles Spurgeon the other day that truly spoke to my heart:

Prayer is the burden of a sigh,
The falling of a tear,
The upward glancing of an eye
When none but God is near.

Sometime my heart is so heavy I can't come up with the words to say. But I know where to look; and as the sigh slips from my lips or the tears from my eye, I know the One Who is worthy of my gaze is listening.

To You I lift up my eyes, O You Who are enthroned in the heavens!

0 thoughts: