Saturday, July 28, 2012

Walk Away from the Bull









This girl knows when to skeedaddle.  Maybe I should have made my exit just a little quicker.  That big boy's hind legs were in place and I'm sure the fence wouldn't hold the irate.  So the folks saw this girl do a little jig.  I will probably be sore tomorrow.

Funny how this staring down a bull - a very big bull -  a very, very big bull, feels a little like my life sometimes.  I am one blessed daughter of the Creator and never want to seem ungrateful, because I am overwhelmed with His grace and blessing.

There are just times, though, when I feel like maybe I don't want to face the bull.  I need to get to a place of safety.  I was looking at the photos, and saw all the people watching the bull, or me, or both me and the bull, and again saw a parallel with life. 
 Not just me, but all of us are being watched by others to see how 
we are going to handle uncomfortable situations.  
Sometimes we pass and sometimes we fail.  
We show grace or we don't.

Sometimes we do a jig.

The girls and I were talking today about how blessed we are that people are watching because it makes us careful in the way we handle things.  Because we are careful, there may be less we would be accountable for One Day.

There will be times when you are not sure how you will handle things because you are tired of conflict, tired of ungratefulness.  There will be times when you are tired of doing, working, or being patient. 

That is the time to skeedaddle.  Go to your safe place.  You may only need an hour or two to rest in the Almighty.  Or you may need a day or two.  


Taking care of your heart is not selfish, it is necessary.
It is okay to walk away from the bull.

You will know when you can stand your ground or when you need get the heck out of there.

Photobucket

0 thoughts: