Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Want to Want to

This morning as I was driving home from the Farmer's Market with a bag full of fresh tomatoes, I was praying out loud so He could hear me better and I heard 
"I want to want You more".

It came out of my mouth without any planning.

One of those prayers that comes out of nowhere.  Well, on second thought, not out of nowhere.

When you feel all used up and worn out it's easy to stop wanting anything but to sit in a big comfy chair with a diet coke and a Hallmark movie.

The other day I knew I was at that place when I walked through the living room only to catch the last of the Princess Diaries 2 and saw Mia about to be crowned Queen of Genovia. . .

. . . and I cried.

Pathetic, I know.  But it happened.  

Since that time, the desire for a greater godliness, a sincere holiness, has been getting stronger and stronger.

Psalm 42:1 says: As the deer pants for the water, so my soul longs for You, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

I want it.

More than that - I want to want it more.

I want to want Him more.

It was a prayer from His heart to my heart and back to His.

I love when He does that.






2 thoughts:

asnipofgoodness said...

I love when He does that too!

Carole in the UK said...

Carol, this has happened to me too!

I remember a year ago, I was just busy doing some housework, when out of nowhere I heard, "I want to know who I really am!"

I stopped suddenly and was quite puzzled, at why I had said it. Later the Lord revealed more to me as I prayed and I finally understood.

My life has been an exciting journey of self discovery, since that day and I have grown much closer to the Lord.

Thank you for stopping by the Faith Lounge, I pray you were refreshed.

Have a blessed and fruitful week.