Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fill the Water Trough

A few weeks back we filled the trough again. A family of three - Jimmy, Shannon and Keira were baptized - and then Hugh. I saw Keira's family the first time when I went to watch Hugh and his brother Landon at the stock show. Her pig was grand champion. The next day they were at church. Her daddy had been doing some talking with God and decided it was time to get back into church and take his family with him. Not long after that they followed his example again and accepted Christ. So sweet to see families walk this together.

Hugh is a young man who started coming to our youth group about a year and a half ago. He and Landon didn't say much, just sat and listened. Very polite - and the first to stand up and help if help was needed. Last fall he and Hannah started talking on the phone and getting to know each other a little better. I could tell they were getting sweet on each other, so one day for lunch the girls, Hugh and I went to Whataburger to eat and visit. I told him about the verse in Proverbs 31 that says, "She will do him good and not harm all the days of her life." I explained to him that there is someone that will be Hannah's husband and someone that will be his wife. Everything they do will either honor or dishonor their future mates. I explained to all of them that their relationship must stay at the level of honor. He is so respectful of us and of Hannah. He takes the responsibility very seriously. If he wants to see Hannah, he sees all three of them. His mom and dad have done an amazing job raising their boys. I'm sure they are at times overwhelmed having three girls around so much.

It was emotional to see Michael baptize him. His desire for the Lord is great. What a blessing to get to watch the growth.










1 thoughts:

Living Passionately Means: said...

wow Praise the Lord just looking at those pictures gave me goosebumps.
I greatly appreciate your ministry for the Lord how you encourage so many women and how you just greatly enrich so many people's lives! I love you dearly.
So I asked you about taking some pictures for me and Lance sometime like Family shots well..... We just found out that our FAMILY will be expanding... ;) I'm pregnant!