Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sisters' Trip











The view from our balcony.



Christy had a conference in Nashville at the Gaylord last week and asked if Cathy and I would like to go along. We said yes. We had such a good, restful time. The place was absolutely beautiful. It is like walking into the rain forest, with all kinds of plants, trees, and waterfalls. We saw on the map of the place about the "Magnolia Canopy" so we set out to find it. I was going to take a picture so my girls could see what they had read about when we studied the rain forest. We looked everywhere for it and finally rounded a corner and it took all of us a minute to take it in. The canopy on the map was actually a green canopy shade over the entrance into the Magnolia section of the hotel! We laughed till we cried. The laughing went on the whole time we were there. It was so fun.

The only stress came on the flight home. We were going through security in Nashville where they took awhile looking through the machine at my purse. The security lady asked me to step over to a desk and started going through my purse. She pulled out my daddy's pocket knife. I wasn't scared or anything, I just didn't want to give up the knife. Then she pulled out a screw driver. I know, I know, if I remembered it was in there I might have taken it out. When she pulled that out I could feel the blood drain from my face. I thought that I might be in trouble. Then she pulled out my little lighter. My knees started feeling a bit weak. Then she pulled out my matches. I thought I might never see my family again. Explanation for knife: it was daddy's and I might need it sometime. For the screwdriver: it looks antique, it's really cute and I might need it sometime. The lighter: it was in the shape of a little handbag. I saw it in a truck stop and it was so cute I thought I would put it in my purse in case I might need it sometime. The matches: I tell girls in our marriage retreats to plan surprise rendezvous with their hubbies. Keep candles and matches handy because you might need them sometime. The sad thing about the whole thing is that I forgot all that was even in my purse! Needless to say, I was very very glad to land in Dallas Texas.

Thank you, Christy, for inviting us and making your birthday trip so fun. Thank you, Cathy, for the restful days of reading magazines and walking the mall. I love you guys very much.

To get the photos of us together, we took two photos and switched taking the picture then cloned one of us into the best one. Pretty fun.

2 thoughts:

Ash said...

Carol, you are so beautiful. Miss you =)

Living Passionately Means: said...

Gosh, You have such a beautiful talent for capturing the moment! I love all of your pictures. I'm definately booking you for my next photoshot! If you'll have me! ;-D You look so beautiful!